EcoVadis Events – Hopin User Guide
This user guide will help you get the most out of your conference experience on our virtual event platform, Hopin.
Which browser to use
Using the latest versions of Google Chrome on your laptop or computer will give you the best experience.
Firefox or Opera are also supported. Please avoid using Brave, Safari, Microsoft IE or Edge.
Setting up your Hopin profile
Before the event starts, please take the time to upload a profile picture and add the event to your calendar.
It will contain the link to the event.
Click on the ‘create your profile’ hyperlink, below the event countdown. A popup window will open, from where you can add a photo of yourself. You can always update your profile at any time by accessing your account from the icon in the upper-right hand corner.
Next to your photo profile, click on the little green bell and and turn on your notifications.
Accessing the event
There are 3 ways to access an event on the Hopin platform:
- click on the link in the reminder email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- click on the calendar invite which contains the link to the event
- log in to your Hopin account where you will be taken to your upcoming events.
Click on the event to enter the conference.
Getting around Hopin
Just like a physical event, you can choose where you want to go and what you’d like to attend.
You can navigate the different areas of the event using the buttons on the left side of your screen.
You will enter the event in the Reception area – think of the reception area as a venue’s lobby. Here you will find a complete overview of the schedule and see which sessions are happening where.
Join us for our live sessions under the Stages tab. All keynote speakers will be live on this feed. Check the schedule on the reception page to see at what time the stage is ‘live’.
You can connect with other event participants in the Speed Networking through the entire duration of
the event. Once you join Speed-Networking, you’ll be matched with another random event attendee, as if
you were bumping into someone at an in-person conference. These 1-on-1 meetings will last up to
3 minutes. If both parties would prefer a new match-up, you can leave the meeting after the first 30
seconds. A timer in the upper right hand corner will let you know how long remains in each chat. When time
is up, your meeting will automatically end and you can click ‘Ready’ to be matched with a new participant.
If you wish to exchange contact information with the other person in your meeting, both participants must
click the ‘Connect’ button. If you connect, Hopin will share information such as your name and email
address with the other participant. You can find the contacts you’ve made on your Hopin profile, under the
‘Connections’ tab. You can also select ‘Unmatch’ to lose the connection.
If enabled for an event, sessions are where any panels and breakout sessions are located.
In the Expo area you will find our Ask an Expert EcoVadis booth where you can direct any questions you may have.
Simply click the green button to request to join using your audio and video. Each booth has its own chat so you can leave questions or interact with other participants.
On the right side of your screen you’ll find four tabs: Chat, People, Polls and Q&A.
There are two types of chat:
- Event chat: this is like the event activity feed and is live throughout the event. Use this to interact with other event participants and keep up to date with important announcements and updates on the event
- Area specific chat: plenary, breakout session and booth also has its own unique chat. Use this to engage in specific session conversations, ask questions or chat to exhibitors
The People tab lists everyone who is registered on the event. A green circle will appear next to their photo when
they are in the event. Click on anyone’s name to send them a direct message or invite them to a 1-2-1 video call.
Just like the chat, each booth and breakout session has its own People tab which shows the People specifically
in that booth or session.
Next to the chat tab is the Polls tab. If available, these can be event-wide or session and booth specific polls.
A red dot will appear on the tab when a new poll has been published. Once you cast your vote, you will see
Use this to ask questions to the presenters during the session. You can upvote someone’s question by hitting the
‘like’ button next to it.
Tips & Tricks for using Hopin
- We recommend attending the event using a laptop or PC, as we cannot guarantee it will work flawlessly on mobile.
- For the best Hopin experience, we recommend you use Chrome or Firefox. Please avoid Brave, Safari, and Microsoft
IE or Edge. Make sure your browser is up-to-date.
- When an area is “live” according to the event schedule, the red “LIVE” tag will be shown, indicating to
attendees where the action is at the time.
- The “What’s happening now” button in the Reception area allows you to one-click navigate to where the action is.
Keep track of any announcements and pinned messages from the Organisers in the event chat.
- If you have any technical issue or need directions, please contact Amber Francis, Joanna Li or Jelisa Daniel, organisers,
in the chat function or email us at email@example.com.
- You can send direct messages to an individual at the event via DMs in the People tab, or invite someone to join you
in a private meeting room, by inviting them to a video call. To send a DM, and the person you wish to chat with in
the People tab, click their profile photo, and start your conversation.
- Plenary, breakout session, sponsor booth will have a separate chat where you can interact with other participants or ask
questions to the hosts at the session you are attending.
If you have having trouble connecting, visit
We’re looking forward to seeing you online!
The EcoVadis Team